Why Should I Go To Boot Camp?
Unprecedented change in the food industry is rapidly raising the bar for all food and value-added farm enterprises. Old or young, big or small, these businesses are scrambling to become more financially resilient and capable of adapting quickly.
Financial Management Boot Camp combines training, one-on-one consulting, and networking, taking entrepreneurs like you out of your day-to-day environment and giving you the tools you need to build a more resilient food business.
Boot Camp is right for you if:
• Your business is profitable and you want to take its performance to the next level.
• Your business’s market position and profitability are eroding and you know you need to adapt.
• You’re a young company that has never reached profitability and you know things need to change.
• You need to raise money and know you need to get prepared to be successful.
Supercharge Your Food Business’ Path To Financial Success
Boot Camp arms you with everything you need to profitably grow your food business and raise money, including:
• A realistic and clear business model path that you can articulate to anyone who asks
• Financial systems and reports that will stand up to scrutiny by banks and investors
• A credible business plan with realistic assumptions about future growth
• A digital financial package to share with your stakeholders and support your fundraising
Time is money, which is why Boot Camp is quick and intense
You have so many things going on in your business. Distractions are everywhere. You know you need to focus on the more strategic and detailed financial sides of your business, but it is difficult to carve out the time. We help you focus on only the most important things in your business, identify the most pressing issues you need to address and help you work through them with individual consulting and coaching. And the best part: you show up with your financial statements and we take it from there. No other pre-prep needed.
What Can I Expect From Boot Camp?
Four intense, focused days to learn and work on your business
Day 1 – Optimizing Your Business Model
It’s a business model not a product that determines whether your company makes money. We help you clarify your business model and set you on a realistic path to meet your goals.
Day 2 – Fixing Your Financial Infrastructure
Your financial statements help you and your stakeholders fully understand your business. We help you understand your statements and fix financial systems problems.
Day 3 – Developing Your Financial Plan
You are moving forward, so you need to look forward. We help you develop realistic assumptions for forecasts of sales, marketing and operations and the capital structure you need to get there.
Day 4 – Getting Ready to Raise Money
You will need to raise money to grow your food business. We help you learn how to do a great pitch and properly document your business so you can successfully raise money.
Training and financial consulting from the best
Tera Johnson, Director of the Food Finance Institute, will lead morning training sessions that dive deep into the topics above. Then, in the afternoons, she and other consultants will work individually with you so you can arm yourself with everything you need to profitably grow your food business and raise money.