Learn strategies and skills to plan for uncertainty. Build a more nimble and resilient business. Come out with greater capacity to be resilient especially during a period like now, characterized by high levels of uncertainty.
“Scenario planning is a discipline for rediscovering the original entrepreneurial power of creative foresight in contexts of accelerated change, greater complexity, and genuine uncertainty.” – Pierre Wack, Royal Dutch/Shell, 1984
This Program is Right for You if…
Your business is pivoting to address new or altered markets
Your business is considering a significant transition
Your business is confronting operational decisions that require investment
Your business needs to address current or potential supply chain disruptions
What to Expect
Activities by Day
Day 1: Framing Your Stories for Your Future
Day 2: Create & Present Your Potential Futures
Day 3: Developing Robust Strategies & Strategic Foresight
What You’ll Do
• Identify a powerful question about the future of your business
• Scan the future for key trends, what’s clean, & what’s uncertain
• Outline, craft, & present different, possible futures
• Identify & future-test strategies
• Explore strategic implications from your presentation & vet potential strategies
• The foundation of your presentation
• Deeper understanding of the assumptions behind your business model & markets
• A common language for your leadership team to make sense of the unfolding future
• A shortlist of robust strategies to help navigate uncertainty today and moving forward
• Exposure to the mindset of strategic foresight
Meet Your Facilitators
Fellows Program Manager, Food Finance Institute
Brad Rostowfske works with food and beverage businesses to help them scale and align their limited resources to profitably. He has expertise in business innovation, new product development, marketing and engineering, with demonstrated accomplishments working with a variety of consumer products brands. This unique skill set positions him to be an excellent business coach for our Fellows Program and Scenario Planning training.
Founder of Leverage Point Consulting + Expert in Residence with FFI
Eric DeLuca is the FFI Food Systems Expert in Residence and main instructor for these workshops. DeLuca has engaged in over $10 million in funding decisions benefiting working lands enterprises since 2010 and serves on the national Food Systems Finance Advisory Council of the Council of Development Finance Agencies. He is an expert on food systems finance and scenario planning.
New dates will be added soon! Fill out the contact form below to get on our interest list. We will send you new information as soon as it becomes available. If you have any questions, please reach out to Brad Rostowfske: .
*Attendance is limited to 10 businesses*
FFI Scenario Planning Interest Form
This immersion training is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Email us or call 608-263-7794.