Sign Up For Our Raising Equity Online Course (May 2019)
Why Should I Attend This Course?
Unprecedented change in the food industry is rapidly raising the bar for all food businesses. Aspiring national brands need to raise significant amounts of money, including equity investment, to successfully launch their products.
This course equips you with everything you need to be capital ready and raise the money you need to grow.
What Can I Expect From This Course?
You will need to raise money to grow your food business. We help you learn how to do a great pitch and properly document your business so you can successfully raise money.
Training and financial consulting from the best
Tera Johnson, Director of the Food Finance Institute, will lead training sessions that will help you get capital ready.
Tera is a serial entrepreneur whose mission is to create the next generation of environmentally and economically regenerative food and farming businesses. The founder of teraswhey® and host of the Edible-Alpha® podcast, Tera participated in the full arc of creating a successful investor-financed company. Now the founder of the Food Finance Institute and winner of the UW-Extension Chancellor’s 2017 Wisconsin Idea Award, Tera is a frequent speaker, teacher and financial consultant to sustainable food and farming businesses, social venture funds and investors.
The purpose of this online course is to help you prepare to raise money, both debt and equity, legally and effectively for your food business. Our goals are to help you:
1) Make your business model investment worthy
2) Start assembling your financial request package, and
3) Develop a game plan for successfully raising both debt and equity
This online course will be conducted live on the dates listed below via Go To Meeting.
Closer to the course date, the link to the course will be shared with you at the email address you provide.
The course includes three 2-hour sessions:
- May 6 (1pm – 3pm CST)
- May 13 (1pm – 3pm CST)
- May 20 (1pm – 3pm CST)
The course has two possible prices:
- $500 – Access to the course with time for questions with the instructor on the fundraising path unique to your business
- $750 – Access to the course, plus:
- Have your existing fundraising materials shared with the instructor for a review and feedback
- An initial 1-hour strategy call to discuss the materials and plan next steps
- An additional 30 minute call to check-in with progress on your fundraising plan